debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Murder between the Lines (Kitty Weeks Mystery) - Radha Vatsal

I could definitely tell that this book was set in the early 1900's. The women wearing their gloves and not allowed to go out without an escort. Oh, the shame. The author did a great job with that, I really felt like I was back in that era. And poor Kitty when she thought she was going to be found out at a women's suffragette meeting and her father told. The girl was a working women and of age! So glad I wasn't living in those times.

I enjoyed reading this book, however, a teenage girl dies in the cold right after talking to Kitty Weeks. A smart girl full of hope and dreams. Kitty feels bad for this girl and can't believe that this happened to her and starts investigating. What she finds out is a whole different story than what she has been told. There are a lot of secrets being kept. Those secrets end up taking Kitty to the Naval Yard, to a dinner with President Wilson and to investigating a real news story instead of her usual "ladies stories"

A great mystery read that did not fail to enjoy thanks to Sourcebooks Landmark and Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review this entertaining book.