debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Beartown: A Novel - Fredrik Backman

Finished reading Frederik Backman's new book "Beartown". (Comes out in April). He always writes in kind of a story book for children or like your grandpa telling a story. However you are always left mesmerized by his endearing characters. This was a book that focused around a hockey team. Sorry, don't understand hockey, but the moments the characters played were minimal. Yay!! The first chapter of this book eluded to someone being shot in the head. This book was so different from his others. OMG. Kindle told me I would spend over nine hours with the book. As usual, Backman made you really feel for these characters. But, unusual for him was the dark and dirty secrets and actions that surfaced while reading this book. I lived with this book for over nine hours and what the author took me through? I laughed, I cried, I didn't understand the game. But the feeling I have for these characters? What an awesome book!!! And through the whole book wondering who gets shot in the head? It only wanted to make me read this book faster. As I said, I finished this morning, could not put it down! Kudos and bravo to the Backman. And after finishing the book and reliving it through my mind, I realize He definitely is one of my favorite authors!!! The ending brought back the true feelings and memories of Backman's other books. Call me what you want soft hearted, mushy, etc.... but this was, for me, a truly good read.

Thank you Rachel at Simon and Schuster for reaching out to me with a widget, to Atria and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest unbiased review.