debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Because You're Mine - Colleen Coble

I really like Colleen Coble's books a lot. This one, not so much. Alanna and her husband are in a celtic band called Coel. At the onset of the book, Alanna's husband, Liam, and his friend, Jesse, are involved in a car bomb. Liam dies and Jesse survives.

Alanna is heartbroken and pregnant. Liam's family has decided that because Alanna comes from a family of gypsies that she is an unfit mother and they are going to raise the child themselves. Meanwhile, Barry, the band's manager, has proposed that he will marry Alanna, give her American citizenship and Liam's family can't touch her or her baby.

Parts of this book were really, really good. Then there are parts that were very flimsy and I could see right through them. I knew very early on something that was plain to see that one of the characters did not see. And because of that, I had a hard time with the book. The character made a LOT of bad choices and was not a strong character.

The book was suspenseful though with a very evil character and a nasty mother-in-law. I could not believe some of the things that she did. This book did not turn me off of Colleen Coble. I just had a problem with the choices that the main character was making. I didn't have a problem finishing the book as I did want to see what happened.

Thanks to Harper Collins for sending me this book in hopes that I would read and review it.