debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Life After: A Novel - Katie Ganshert

Wow, you get on a train with 22 other people sit down, open your book or whatever you do on the train. Next thing you know your waking up in a hospital. It's weeks later and you find out that there was a bomb detonated on your train car and you survived. The only one out of 23 people.

A year later and you still haven't got over the guilt. Why me? Why did I survive?

This is a story of Autumn. She still visits the graves of those 22 people. She broke up with her fiancee right after she came out of her coma. She can't remember anything about the explosion. The last thing she remembers happened two weeks before. She spends most of her waking hours in her apartment watching TV, putting together jigsaw puzzles and assembling a scrapbook with articles and information about the people with her on the train. She never knew them or their names before. She does now.

I could not put this book down. Between all the secrets and everyone holding back, and wondering why they were acting like they were, it was killing me. I had to know. And, then the stories of the survivors talking about their missed loved ones. Those were killing me.

An absolutely poignant, beautiful, mesmerizing story that I am so glad that I got to read. This is one that will haunt me (in a good way) for a very long time.

Thanks you Blogging for Books for allowing me to read and review this book. I loved it!!!