debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Red Hunter: A Novel - Lisa Unger

I love Lisa Unger books. I always know that I am going to get a great read whenever I pick up one of her books and this one did not fail one bit.

Zoey was a little strange to begin with until I learned what made her strange. Then I was like "she's only that strange"? This girl had a very rough life and it started very early.

Of course, Claudia was having a rough life of her own, but her's was only about to get a whole lot rougher.

There are some really mean characters in this book. The author did a great job with the time lines, the plot twists, the "secret man" (small spoiler) and the overall secrets that all come out in the end.
Secrets that started early in Zoey's life and that Claudia inadvertently shares with her decades later.

Such a great read that I fully enjoyed. It's all there, mystery, suspense and . . . very well put together.

Kudos Lisa on a great job! I have met Lisa. As a matter of fact, I have the marketing poster board for her book "Heartbroken" signed and framed hanging in my bedroom. (It has the colors that match - turquoise and teal). Thanks again Lisa! And yes, this review is unbiased, HA!!!

Huge thanks to Touchstone for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.