debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Burntown - Jennifer McMahon

When I first saw this book offered on Net Galley, I didn't even read the description. I saw the name Jennifer McMahon and bam, I hit request. I have read several of this author's books and I have never been disappointed. While I can say this one was certainly different than others that I have read, it did not disappoint.

There was most certainly a lot of action going on in this book. At first, while the author was putting out the puzzle pieces it was a little slow. You can't just throw out the pieces, you have to make sure that they are all right side up. Then you have to put all the straight edges in a certain pile. Then you can start putting the puzzle together.

That's when this book started taking off. And boy, did it take off. The knapsack, the knitting needles, the money, snake eyes, wow I'm getting goose pimples thinking about it. I do have to say, the circus part, that was strange when I first started reading it. It was still strange after I figured it out, but I guess it would take someone strange to get into the car with these girls.

And, while first starting to read this, I thought that I had read it so fast that I had missed something with the flood. That is one thing about e-books, it's harder to go back and find something. However, I did discover that, no, I did not miss something. The book was Necco talking.

With all this being said, I hope that this little hints are just enough to intrigue, not give out spoilers. Because, this is an awesome read from an awesome author who has never failed to disappoint me. Like I said, I just saw the name and said "yes"!

Huge thanks to Doubleday Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest unbiased review.