debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI - David Grann

This was a very good book. I had not heard of anything that had happened in this book. I even asked my roommate who grew up in Oklahoma if he had heard of any of this and he had not. I would think that some mention of this would be included in the Oklahoma history books, but I am wrong.

This was undoubtedly one of the most shaming book of American history I have ever read. And all of this was done for money. Sickening.

I found this book to be very interesting and there were not many pages that I glossed over. Usually in a book like this, there are a few pages that I will do that, not in this one. You can certainly tell that there was a lot of research that was done while writing this book. And the writing also told a story. It wasn't just a bunch of information just thrown in there. I also could not believe the follow-up after the FBI left when there was proof that it just wasn't all Hale's doing. He was bad enough, but all the others? Sad.

I also liked reading about the FBI part of it as well. Especially the parts where Hoover is concerned. I will hold off on calling him the names I am thinking.

An interesting, very informative, sad, unbelievable, and just downright head shaking read. If your into history or just trivia, this is a book you need to read.

Thanks Doubleday Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.