debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

One Perfect Lie - Lisa Scottoline

I love Lisa Scottoline books and as soon as I saw this one offered on Net Galley I immediately requested it. I was very excited when I got approved.

At first I was not liking this Chris guy. He shows up to this high school pretending to be someone he's not. He's checking out these kids and sizing them up. Then he's thinking about the Oklahoma City bombings. I don't like him. Then the story goes on.

There is a lot of stuff going on in this book. This guy insinuates his self into these students lives and into the lives of the community. He tries to become their favorite teacher as well as their favorite coach. He tries to break up best friends. He pits them against each other. Your not really sure of his intentions.

You just know that someone somewhere is looking to reenact the Oklahoma City bombings and that for the book, the anniversary of that catastrophe is coming up. There is a lot of action and once everything is lined up for the reader, it becomes very hard to put this book down. So I suggest starting this book well before your bedtime. Fast paced and well worth the journey.

Thanks St. Martin's Press for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.