debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Duplicity - Jane Haseldine

Julia Gooden is a journalist who has the connections to write the biggest story of her life and she can't write a word about it. The story involves her husband, the Assistant District Attorney who is prosecuting Nick Rossi a major gangster for crimes including drug trafficking, gambling and bribery. Of course, this is killing Julia, but she must stand by her husband and hold back on her career.

Meanwhile, during the trial, a secret surprise witness is coming forth to testify against the gangster. Rossi has received word who it is and is ready. He has made arrangements for a sniper to take the witness out as he walks up the courthouse steps. At the same time, Julia's husband is meeting the witness. Also, Julia's son's class is taking a field trip to see justice in action. They will also be at the courthouse at the same time. Julia will also be at the courthouse to as a room mother to help chaperone the students. Out of nowhere a bomb explodes. . .

This was such a great read. Finding out who perpetrated the bomb and everything that happened behind the scenes was extremely rewarding as a reader. There are absolutely no spoilers above. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Once I started reading the book and the burning clues started melting that iceberg, the bottom was slushy and absolutely polar bear enjoyable. This was my first book by Jane Haseldine and it won't be my last.

Huge thanks to Kensington Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.