debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Before This Is Over - Amanda Hickie

This is a hard one to review. The scale on this book for interest would down, up, down, up, and down.
As in it started slow, then it was good, then it was slow, then it was good, then slow, then it ends.

I mean, yes, it would be hard to write a book about a family stranded in a house for however long this family was stranded. I think there were times when the author was able to accomplish that task and made it interesting. Then there were numerous times when that did not happen. Actually, there were more times when it didn't happen than there were when it did happen. I guess the only thing that really kept me reading was to find out whether or not this family made it and what happened to the world.

That leads me to the ending. The ending. The thing that I spent several hours reading and waiting to get to. It was delivered in about two pages, maybe three. It was like the author was on a deadline, out of time and just threw something in there. Let's just say I was disappointed. While I think I am being very generous with my three stars, I appreciate the time and effort authors put into a book. I just wish that I hadn't put any time into it.

Thanks to Little, Brown and Co. for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.