debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

London Calling - Sara Sheridan

This was a great and sad read. The sadness is pretty early - no more hints - it would be a spoiler.

There were numerous suspects in this debutante gone missing case. The main culprit will definitely shock you. I do have to say while reading this book, I'm not sure if it was the main character wearing the same outfit for days I was smelling towards the end or me. HA!

This was the second book I have read by this author and just like the first, I truly enjoyed it. Set shortly after WWII, London is still in the process of rebuilding. Everywhere you can still see the damages, but Londoners are determined to get back to life the way it was before the war. Jazz is all the rage now and that's what brings out our little deb, Rose Bellamy Gore, her cousin, Harry, and friend Lavinia. Rose is last seen leaving the jazz club with a musician named Lindon Claremont. No one has heard from her since. As our main character, Mirabelle Bevan, starts working the case she hears stories with a lot of different suspects. Will she find Rose in time?

I found this to be a great, hard to put down, entertaining read and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks to Kensington Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.