debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Girl in Disguise - Greer Macallister

I found this to be a pretty interesting book. I had never heard about a Pinkerton saving the life of President Lincoln and while I was reading it, I wondered if it was fact or fiction. It's too bad that we lost a lot of information about the first Pinkerton woman during the big Chicago fire.

It sounds like her life was pretty interesting. I'm not sure that I could have done that. There were some pretty mean characters that she associated with. And those characters didn't really care about whether they shot you or not.

Kate Warne sounded like a pretty feisty character and not someone I would really like to meet in a dark alley or to be on her hit list. I know because of the fire, the author was able to find enough evidence to find out that Ms. Warne was one heck of a spitfire.

I immensely enjoyed reading this book and to know that this was a real woman and a real pioneer for women's rights. Thanks to Sourcebook Landmark for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.