debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Sisters of Blue Mountain - Karen Katchur

I enjoyed reading this book about a family who owns a B&B that is now being run and lived in by the oldest sister and her family as the mother is deceased and the father is too old.

It's the time of year when the geese migrate which attracts a lot of tourists, good business for the B&B. However, something is killing the geese and they are dropping dead out of the sky with hundreds everywhere. Not good for business, what's going on? Dad is starting to deal with dementia and a younger professor has taken his place at the university who just happens to end up dead in the backyard of the B&B. Did Dad do it?

The younger sister comes back home to help deal with things and a reporter comes to town dredging up a long ago secret that the sisters want to keep hidden.

Lots of suspense and mystery kept me glued to the pages and trying to figure out what this secret could be and just who killed the professor? Everybody's trying to hide a little something from everybody and they each hold a little piece of the puzzle. Getting those pieces together and seeing the big picture make this story very entertaining, enjoyable and an interesting read.

Thanks to St. Martin for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.