debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Loving Husband - Christobel Kent

When I read the blurbs for this book, I was like, sign me up. When I started reading it, I was hooked. However, somewhere in there it just kind of slowed down for me. The momentum just kind of tanked. Characters were just coming out of the woodwork. It's like they were just being added to make the suspect list longer.

And personally, I think that Fran was an eejit to move out there like that in the first place. They had to jump on that deal right then or lose it? There were several places for sell and had been for sell. No, that all smelled like rotten fish from the beginning. I just couldn't really believe the moving part to way out in the sticks from London. I guess that was my biggest concern and didn't help me with the momentum.

As for being compared to "The Silent Wife" - absolutely no way. That book had me so emotional. I wanted to drop kick several of those characters. IMO, if a book can get me that riled up - it's a good book. Plus I LOVED that ending. This book, not so much.

Thanks to Farrar, Straus & Giroux for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.