debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Girl from Rawblood: A Novel - Catriona Ward

This book was a ghost story. The family that resided in the house called Rawblood had a hereditary disease whereby they must avoid strong feeling and excitement and most of all they need to stay away from other people.

I seriously think that this would have been a better story had it been a lot shorter. The author kept going back and forth from past time to present time which sometimes got very confusing. By the time I got to the end of the book, I was really wishing that I had not requested this book. The book took several hours that I could have spent on another book which I think I would have liked much better. As I said, this one became so confusing and unfortunately I kept reading it, hoping I would figure something out and it never happened.

Again, I think this would have been much better as a short story without all the confusing background history stuff thrown in.

Thanks to Sourcebooks Landmark for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.