debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Tell Me No Lies (An Ava Logan Mystery #1) - Lynn Chandler Willis

This was a great book as it grabs you right at the beginning starting with the murder of Ava's friend and doesn't let go of you until the end. Ava is babysitting her friend's toddler daughter and goes to drop her off the next morning and finds her dead. That's the opening of the book. Ava does not know who Trish went out with and she does not know who Trish has been seeing or if she has been seeing anyone.

Ava is the owner and editor of the small town local newspaper where she lives.

Not only is Trish's murder investigation going on. There is a poacher loose and he or she is digging up people's ginseng and is selling it. Apparently, ginseng is worth a lot of money. Money that people will kill for. Ava gets involved in this investigation and pretty soon, someone is shooting at her.

While there were not a lot of suspects in this book, I had my eye one person. The jaw dropping ending in this book is certainly enough to make me want more. As this is the first in the series for the Ava Logan mysteries, I think this book promises a lot to look forward to.

Thanks to Henery Press for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.