debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

An Imperfect Past (A Kim Slade Novel) - Eve Seymour

This was a crazy kind of book in the fact that Kim's long lost mother, Monica, who she hasn't seen in years comes back into her life. Kim doesn't know what to think. Monica tells Kim some stories about why she had to leave and Kim's not sure whether she's being lied to or not. She talks to her brother, Luke, who's now living in the States and he does confirm some of what she's saying. Kim was pretty young when her mother disappeared and doesn't remember a lot of what her mother says. This will not be the only time she questions her mother's stories and answers.

Meanwhile, there is another story going on wherein Mimi Vallender has asked Kim to help her find her long lost brother. Mimi is one of Kim's patients from long ago and she's is anorexic, only weighing about 53 pounds. Kim had been her therapist 5 years ago before she took a leave of absence. That favor opens up a whole new can of worms. One that puts Kim's life and others on the line.

This was definitely a great read and one that kept me on the edge of my seat once all the characters were introduced and the story got going. You didn't know who to trust. So many people were lying and there were so many people changing their names and trying to be someone else. I wouldn't want to sit at the table or turn my back on most of these characters. Suspenseful, action filled, fast paced, twists and turns worse than a mountain road, superb writing and character development. An altogether awesome read.

Huge thanks to Midnight Ink for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. What a great read!