debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Roanoke Girls: A Novel - Amy Engel

Oh the deep dark secret held at Roanoke. The homestead of the richest family in a rural town in Kansas. A family that has lived there for generations. A tradition of beautiful girls with long blonde hair who through the generations all looked like sisters. Girls whose lives have all ended tragically or unhappily.

After her mother's suicide, fifteen year old Lane has come from New York City to live with her grandparents and her cousin, Allegra at Roanoke. She knew from her mother that her family was mysterious, but she never figured out the secret. She lives there happily for a while until one day she discovers the secret. Then, she runs.

Eleven years later, she is called back to Roanoke when her cousin Allegra is missing. More secrets unfold after her return and those secrets are exposed to the reader as well as Allegra's whereabouts.
Those facts are haunting and chilling.

I found this book extremely fascinating and the secrets jaw dropping. I was definitely entertained. I would highly recommend this book.

Thanks to Crown Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.