debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Abby's Journey - Steena Holmes
I absolutely love Steena Holmes. I don't think there is book that she's written that I haven't loved. This one does not disappoint.

Abby is a twenty year old girl who's mother died when she was born. She was born with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, a disease that can quickly turn a case of the sniffles into a case of pneumonia. This has happened a few times in her life. Such that her dad Josh is quite the stickler about anything having to do with Abby going outdoors.

Abby wants to go on a trip to Europe with her Grandmother during the winter. Josh is adamant he does not want her to go. Abby is twenty. She wants to go. She's going. She's having a wonderful time. While there, she's not getting enough sleep. There is so much to see and do. She gets the sniffles. Her dad is called. He's on the next flight.

This was a great story. Claire, the mother, has left so many letters to Josh and Abby. There are special letters for special events and just normal ones for everyday. Then there a special letter, one to Josh and one to Abby for when Abby finds out Claire's long kept dark secret.

It's such a touching story and a loving story. I'm pretty sure that you will need some tissues, so you may want to go ahead and get those handy. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Huge thanks to Lake Union Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.