debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

All Our Wrong Todays: A Novel - Elan Mastai

This was a book about time travel. I loved how it was narrated by Tom. As per his dad, he was a loser. Everything he touched turned out bad. He tried several jobs and none of them had ever worked out for him. His dad, of course, was a genius. Everything he touched turned into gold (or into the greated invention ever) and his dad was working on a time machine. The night before his dad's time machine is going it's first ever visit back into time, Tom sleeps with the leading chrononaut on the mission. Naturally, he gets her pregnant and screws up the whole mission. His father is P.O.'d. Yet again his son has touched something and messed it up.

Tom decides to go on the mission himself. He goes back to 1965. He then returns back to 2015 and discovers, you guessed it. He messed it up. There are no longer flying cars, robots, fingertouch accesses, buttons you push and the food is delivered, etc. Nope 2015 is pretty much how we see it. There is no Jetson era anymore.

Tom is on a mission to get his world back.

This was an very entertaining read. It definitely held my interest. There were a few times when they would talk this science gobbly goop and my eyes would bleed, but fortunately that was rare and short. There were definitely a few laughs. On the whole, entertaining, enjoyable and definitely recommendable.

Huge thanks to Penguin Group Dutton for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.