debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Cruel Mercy (Detective Sergeant McAvoy) - David Mark

This is the third book by David Mark that I have read. I went back and checked some of my past reviews and I found one thing in common. He likes to start off his books coming out of left field. You start reading and you have absolutely no idea what in the heck you are reading about. This I can truthfully say. Because this is the third book and the third time this has happened. Ha!

So, I will alert you that you should read the first part, put it in a file in the back of your mind, because it will be explained to you later on in the book. Then there will be a little light bulb over your head and you will say Aha, that's what that was.

At first I was like, what in the heck is this Pentinent dude or thing - that will be explained.

I think DS McAvoy is one of the most bumbling detectives out there. He's so big that every one is scared of him. Little do they know, he's probably just as scared. There are some pretty good laughs in this one. It's also pretty gory, creepy, full of mobsters, lots of killing, boxers, perverts, and weirdos. It will definitely keep you on your toes trying to figure out what happened to the three boxers that came to the U.S. from Ireland. One of which is related to McAvoy's wife and is the reason he is there, looking for him.

Poor McAvoy does end up in the wrong places at the wrong time sometimes as well as those boxers. This was a great book and I am glad that I got the chance to read it.

Thanks to Penguin Group for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.