debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

My Not So Perfect Life - Sophie Kinsella

I loved this book. Sophie Kinsella is one of the few authors that I read while I was raising my family and didn't have that much time to read. I have been reading her books since she has been writing. I think this is one of her best yet.

Katie - Cat - Katherine is trying to become someone in branding (advertising) in London. She's from a farm in Somerset, but she wants to be a city girl. She has worked at two other jobs as an intern with no pay. She finally has a paying job as an admin doing boring stuff, yet she's thrilled to be around the excitement of the creativity of advertising. Until, she gets the boot. She tries for a few weeks to get another job, sending out resumes. However, she never hears from anyone.

Meanwhile, her father and stepmother decide they want to set up a glamping resort on their farm. Katie is excited and helps set up a website and brochures. When it comes time to open up the resort, her stepmother calls worried that they can't do it alone. So Katie tells them she will take a "sabbatical" and come help them for a few weeks.

Things get a little out of hand when her ex-boss and her family show up for a week's stay. It only gets more hilarious from there. The things that she did to her ex-boss on the farm. That was absolutely hilarious - and she let her do it to her. That was the best part. I was absolutely laughing out loud.

Of course, there is a love story involved, the details you'll have to buy the book and find out. Plus, what happens to Katie and her boss? Curious? The book is definitely worth your time and money!

Huge thanks to Random House for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.