debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Always: A Novel - Sarah Jio

I love Sarah Jio. Her books are always so good. I haven't read one that I didn't like and if you haven't read one, why not?

In this one, Kailey's life is perfect. She's engaged to the perfect man, she has the perfect job, they have the perfect home and everything is going great. Then one night after a perfect dinner, she sees a homeless man. Kailey has the biggest heart and it goes out to this homeless man. She's carrying a doggy bag home, so she gives it to this man. When she truly looks at this man, she looks into his eyes, past his beard, long hair and dirty face and sees his eyes. She knows him. It's her ex-boyfriend. The one who broke her heart. The one who took her years to get over. The one who she thought she would be with forever. Homeless and he didn't even recognize her.

Kailey can't stand it. She has to help him. This man once ran a multimillion dollar record company. Why is he in the streets?

In the end Kailey must choose. Who will it be?

I'm not sure if I agree with her choice, but this is a great read, very entertaining and enjoyable. As I had to find out what was going on with Cade and what had happened to him, and how, I couldn't put it down. Of course, being retired I had the luxury.

Huge thanks to Random House - Ballantine for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.