debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

House of Silence - Sarah Barthel I enjoyed reading this story. Isabelle is engaged to a good looking man who is aspiring to go into politics. Her and her mother are very excited. She doesn't know the man very well, but his reputation is well known and it appears to be a good one. However, Isabelle witnesses her fiancee committing a crime and she is determined that she will not marry this man. Her mother is determined that she will marry this man. Isabelle feigns a mental breakdown that renders her mute and she is brought to Bellevue Sanitarium. While there, she becomes friends with the workers and a new patient, Mary Todd Lincoln. The story of this relationship and her stay at Bellevue is written so well. It seems as though it really happened and that you are there. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was very entertaining, suspenseful and like I said, it felt so real. Thanks to Kensington Books for approving my request to read this book and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.