debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Girl Before: A Novel - JP Delaney

This was one very strange book. It's about a house and two women who lived there. At first, I thought the women were living there at the same time but in a different dimension. It is that strange. But then I realized that they were living there a year apart. Emma lived there first and then Jane. The house is all stone. The walls, the floor, the stairs, everything. You can only bring in certain things. The furniture, dishes, cookware, and most of the household goods are already there. You just bring in your personal items much like a hotel. There are pictures in the book to let you get a sense of what the house looks like. It's not for everyone. It's fully automated and it keeps track of your body to let you know what vitamins your needing, whether the air needs to be turned up or down. The shower is controlled for you. The gas stove is controlled for you. It's all done for you. All designed by this man named Edward something. What happens to these women after they move in to this house is definitely worth reading. And both of their lives change drastically. I've heard it's being made into a movie. It will definitely be a thriller I can't wait to see as this was a book I could not put down. Definitely an entertaining, thrilling and mesmerizing read. Huge thanks to Ballantine Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.