debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Lucky Boy - Shanthi Sekaran

This book was such a good read. Emotionally, it had me so torn. I wanted to root for the birth mother, but she was so poor and really had nothing to offer this child other than love. The foster parents who wanted to adopt this child had tried for years to have one of their own. They wanted a child so badly. Yes, they didn't know what to do with it when they got it. Those were some pretty funny days at first. However, they had so much to give that child. A home, a bed, clothes, food, schooling, warmth. Oh, it was just so tough.

Thankfully. I didn't have to make that decision. However, I am glad that I did get to go on this journey with Ignacio. While it was a very interesting and eye opening one, I hope I never have to be personally involved in something like this. It's a sad story for both sides. No one ends up winning

What a great read, so glad I got the chance, huge thanks to Penguin Group Putnam for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. This is a book that will stay with me for a long time. A definite winner!