debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Two Days Gone: A Novel - Randall Silvis
This started out a little slow for me. The author was trying to portray the writer's mind (Thomas Huston - one of the main characters and a major suspect for the killing of his whole family). That grew a little tiresome for me. But I kept with it and I am glad that I did. Of course, none of us could contemplate what we would do if our wife and three children were killed one night, so I guess the author lingered on the writer's thoughts and behaviors to acknowledge his pain and suffering.

However, about 1/3 of the way through the book, the story started to pick up. There were suspects other than the writer. There was a different life the writer was leading. Ryan DeMarco his friend was on the case and he could not believe that Thomas had done this. What happens throughout the rest of the book will most assuredly perk you up, open your eyes and say WTF? Because the first part of the book leads you to believe its a cut and dry case. Period. The writer went off the deep end and killed his family. Then you begin to read . . . the rest of the story.

I seriously wanted to put this book down at the beginning and I am glad that I stayed with it. I grew to really like this DeMarco character. His relationship with his boss is hilarious. His search for his friend the writer, Thomas, you could just feel the weight on him. However, he did his job and hoped against all hope that it wasn't Thomas. Believe me, getting through the beginning is worth the ending.

Thanks Sourcebook Landmark for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.