debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Long Way Gone - Charles Martin

I loved this book! It wasn't in chronological order, but I think the author did an absolute great job in telling the story. The way he broke it up, you just kept wondering, what happened to Cooper that he gave it all up. The author doesn't tell you until like the middle of the book. And what about Daley Cross? What went on with her? The author just gets you so intrigued just how he wrote the book. I was mesmerized from the very first chapter.

A boy, at first, whose love for the guitar and all things musical leads him to Nashville. He's got everything it takes to make it. However, he has several bumps in the road and decides that he will just work in a store that restores guitars and puts his dreams aside. Not long after starting work at the guitar store which just happens to be next door to the Ryman Auditorium, he gets a night job as jack of all trades where he works for several years. Until one day, he's caught playing Daley Cross's guitar singing one the many songs he's written. His career takes off. It's not too long after that, he learns personally about the snakes in the music business. Which takes a huge turn in his career.

There is also the relationship with his father who is a tent preacher. So, there is some religion, but not so much that it turned me off.

I just cannot say how much I enjoyed this book. I didn't want to put it down. I couldn't put it down. And I was very sad at the end when I had to put it down. There will be tissues involved when reading this, so be prepared. I HIGHLY recommend this book. It is one of the best books I've read during 2016.

Thanks to Thomas Zondervan for sending me this book for an honest exchange. I have been telling all my friends that they NEED to read this one!!