debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Crash and Burn (Sisterhood) - Fern Michaels

I thought I had not read a Fern Michaels book before, but in checking on Goodreads I've read a couple. I always associate her with romance books. Believe me, this was not a romance book. A women's law firm going up against a male law firm? Loved the idea. Then there's an egotistical Speaker of the House and as if the Speaker was bad enough, there's an even more narcissistic hedge fund manager. Ugh!! Of course, throughout the whole book I was rooting for the women. Duh! It was shocking and appealing what these men had and were doing and then walking around in their tens of thousand dollar suits. However, when it all came out, they were just a big bunch of stupid oafs just showing off.

But I wasn't bitter. HA!!!

I loved the characters and their husbands and significant others from the female firm and how they were such a tight knit family group. And I loved how they were able to solve and prosecute the criminals without a court of law. Of course, it was fiction, but it was like a dream come true.

I found the book to be very entertaining, enterprising, enjoyable, creative, fun and I just could not put it down. I just had to know what the heck was going on. People hugging and kissing before entering the building to get a divorce?? WTF This book had so many weird things going on, it just kept me mesmerized and oh so curious.

I'd like to thank Kensington Books for approving my request and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.