debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Out of Bounds (Karen Pirie) - Val McDermid

I sure would not want to mess with this detective. She's one smart lady and she tells it like it is. And I'm pretty sure she could hold her own in a fist fight. She sure knows how to handle her arsehole boss and just when to push the buttons she needs to push. That's all to say, I really, really like her.

Apparently, this is a series as it's book number 4 and this is first book I've read. I was thoroughly entertained and didn't seem lost because I hadn't read the other three. Although I believe I will have to now. I loved Inspector Pirie and want to read more!

The plot twists in this book and the fact that she got one over Noble (what a lazy guy) was great. As I said before entertaining, enjoyable, and I just could not put it down. She solved two 20 year old cases and one new one. Her assistant has a lot to learn, but I think he's starting to catch on.

Huge thanks to Grove Atlantic for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.