debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

White Lead: A Novel of Suspense - Susan Daitch

I'm pretty sure the author should have named the main character in this book Kat or Kitty like a cat with nine lives. I can't believe how many times Stella got away from the people who were trying to kill her. And these people were real thugs, not your amateur types. I mean they kill people,and cut off fingers and toes just for the fun of it. I realize it's fiction, but I think this was stretching it a little too far.

While I did read the whole book, there are still some questions as to what happened to a couple of the characters, namely her two bosses. Did they tell Birdwell's wife about the money? I know she didn't want to know anything, but wouldn't she want to know about the money? Did they get the tapes out of the bakery?

I was entertained, I just thought the way Stella was able to evade the thugs numerous times was just a little far fetched.

Thanks to Random House/Alibi for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.