debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

While You Were Sleeping: A gripping psychological thriller you just can't put down - Kathryn Croft

This was a crazy creepy read. Waking up next door at your neighbor's house in your neighbor's bed naked with your neighbor? No idea how you got there or what had happened the night before? Then to find out that your neighbor is dead?

Your a suspect, your teenage lying daughter who was stalking a boy last year in school is a suspect and your cheating husband who was supposed to be in New York, but was still in town is a suspect. Then you have this creepy guy, Mikey from school where you teach who is also a teacher who says he just happened to be sitting on her street that night and saw the murderer. He just happens to be stalking you.

Those pages were flying while I was reading this book. Tara, the main character who woke up with the dead neighbor, was best friends with Serena, the dead man's wife. Not any more. Then when Tara's daughter is brought in for questioning, she tells lies upon lies upon lies. You can't get a straight answer out of the girl. Then Mikey tells Tara that he was there and saw her daughter running from the scene of the crime covered in blood and proves it to Tara by telling her about a special birthmark. I mean, the list of suspects needs a spreadsheet to keep up with all the reasons why they are suspected.

The author did a great job with the characters and certainly with the subplots and the twists and turns. The ending was absolutely mind-blowing when the real truth comes out. Don't wait until bedtime to start this one. You will be sorry in the morning.

Huge thanks to Bookouture for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.