debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

A Portrait of Emily Price - Katherine Reay

This was an okay story. I think the main character, Emily, was just a little crazy for marrying a man she had only known for less than two weeks and then moving to Italy to live with his family. A place she had never been and people she had never met. They are living with his parents. Her mother-in-law does not like her, her father-in-law likes her, however, he is dying. Her husband, Benito, spends most of his time at the family restaurant and she is left to fend for herself.

While Emily was a very nice person, the fact that she did this, just kept irking me in the back of my mind. However, things did change somewhat and it wasn't so bad towards the end. I've read this author before and remembered that I liked the book. This one wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the other one that I'd read. I'm sure that there are lots of other readers that will really like it. For me, it was just okay. That doesn't mean I wouldn't read another one of her books though.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.