debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

My Own Dear Brother - Holly Müller

The title of this book is definitely a sarcastic one because the brother was not dear, more like the devil in disguise.

This took place in Austria in a small village during the war. It was first ruled by Germany and then it was taken over by the Russians. The things that happened to this town were very cruel and most of them were because of the brother. The saddest part, he wasn't even man enough to do them himself. He used other people to carry out his hideous deeds.

I did enjoy reading this book, however I felt so sorry for the things that happened to the characters because of this "dear" brother. At first, I was just yelling at him and then after several more tragedies, I so wanted to put my hands around his throat and just squeeze very tightly. As I've said before, any book that can bring out that much emotion in me, that's a winner!!!

Thanks to Bloomsbury and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. This review is my words and I was. Not coerced into writing them by the publisher.