debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

From a Paris Balcony - Ella Carey

When I read the blurb about this being about Marthe de Florian I immediately pushed the button to request this book. I don't know what it intrigues me about her. I guess the fact that her apartment was left empty and abandoned for 70 years has quite a lot to do about it. I've read another book but it was mainly about her and her granddaughter, Isabella. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the book, but I did enjoy it.

Now on to this book. I was definitely entertained and really liked it. There were a few times when I grew tired of listening to Louisa pine about Charles, but I guess if I was that unhappy in a marriage I would do the same thing. Speaking of her marriage, Henry was nothing but a true cad. What a horrible man he was.

It was very interesting seeing Sarah go back and find out what really happened to Louisa. I figured it was something like that. However, the aftereffects were even worse. I can't tell you what they were without spoiling it for you.

This was a great read and if your into historical fiction, this would be a great book to pick up and take home. There is a lot of senseless tragedy involved, but there is a lot of good things that happen as well. I would definitely recommend this book. I know I enjoyed it.

A huge thanks to Lake Union Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.