debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

One Was Lost - Natalie D. Richards

ix students and two teachers go on a hiking trip into a forest. Due to a huge storm, they are separated. The river is starting to rise and all of them can't make it across in time. . Four students and a teacher on one side and two students and a teacher on the other side. No big deal. The river will go down soon as it has stopped raining. They all set up their camp sites and go to sleep.

The next afternoon (yes afternoon, not morning) is when things start to become strange and scary. And that's also the moment when my heart beat starts to elevate. There are six people in this group. Is one of them trying to hurt them or has someone decided they want them off their property?

I've just finished reading this book and my heart is still racing, my body is shaking and my breathing is a little faster than it should be. This is what I would call a really good book. So many suspects!! And the things that this person does are certifiably insane. There is definitely a nut case running wild in these woods, but who could it be? I couldn't guess and I'm glad. I love it that way.

This is a YA book, but I believe adults would enjoy it as well. These are senior kids but they are pretty mature with only slight teenage angst.

Huge thanks to Sourcebook Fire and to Net Galley for providing me a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review