debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Other Einstein: A Novel - Marie Benedict
I just finished reading this book and I really don't know how to feel. The book was very well written and I enjoyed reading it. However, the things that were written have me bamboozled. I know that creative geniuses sometimes don't feel things like empathy and real human emotions, but this was over the top.

I know this being fiction and all, I have to believe a lot of this was true based on the fact the author used letters that were found between Einstein and Mitza and letter between Mitza and Helene. Helene was her best friend and I know Mitza had to of poured her heart out to her.

Even is just half of this is true (after they were married) I really feel for Mrs. Einstein. Everything she was promised by her husband to be was a lie. She was smarter than him and he could not stand it. For a genius, he totally knew how to be a total genuine arse.

A huge thanks to Sourcebooks for approving my request. I was really glad that I got to read this book. Also thanks to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.