debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Cabin - Natasha Preston

Yowza! Five best friends and the brother of the owner of the cabin spend the weekend together. After getting very drunk the first night, they all wake up the next morning to find the owner and his girlfriend stabbed (many times) to death in the kitchen. All the doors are locked as well as the window. One of their friends or the brother is a killer.

As the story goes on, it gets even creepier. This was a GREAT read. Of course, everyone suspects the brother, that is the cops and most of the friends except for Mackenzie. There are threatening text messages, another murder, planted evidence and lots of lies. This was definitely one book that I could not put down. Thankfully it was so good that it kept my mind off the fact my A/C was out (bonus!) on this nice cool 96 degree day.

While this is most certainly a YA book, I know adults will enjoy it as well. There is some teenage angst, but the story will capture your attention enough to ignore it.

Huge thanks to Sourcebooks for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I call this book entertaining and certainly riveting.