debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Lady Cop Makes Trouble - Amy Stewart

I liked this book a lot. I was very frustrated at first until I realized I was reading book 2 of the series. Duh! My senior moment aside, I really liked Constance Kopp and she has the perfect name. She represents a lot of problems for a female during the early 1900's, as well as just being a female working with all males.

However, the fact is she is really good at what she does, wins me over hands down. I was let down when she didn't mention the gloves the lawyer just happened to have during the last court trial while Von whatever (the Baron) puts on his Academy Award winning performance to the Sheriff. Who just happens to have latex gloves on them? That was the only part that I caught, it could be different in the printed version.

I really did enjoy reading this book, I was mesmerized and did not want to put it down. I also liked the fact that the Sheriff was, for the most part, on Constance's side trying to get a female on his team. The story was well written with likable characters and I can see this series going much further. I would read them (I definitely need to read book 1). I really like the covers too. They look like they would be from that era.

Huge thanks to Houghton Mifflin and Harcourt for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.