debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The One Man: A Novel - Andrew Gross

This was my first book with Andrew Gross as the only writer. The other one or ones, he co-wrote with James Patterson. I have to tell you, my anxiety medicine was working double overtime. What an excellent book this was. I was mesmerized from the very beginning and the fascination never ended. As a matter of fact, if there were more pages, I would still be intrigued.

I love WWII stories and this one certainly fit the bill. Who breaks into a concentration camp? I mean seriously. This was a very well written story with great characters who you either loved or hated depending on who your talking about. What a horrible, horrible time and what a GREAT story this was that came out of that time. I seriously didn't know that two people actually escaped, so educational as well!

I missed watching last night's Olympics (thankfully they are recorded) because I just could not put this book down. It was riveting and had my heart beating like 300 beats a minute (okay maybe a little exaggeration - but you get my meaning) and I carried my Ipad with my face stuck in it for hours, not wanting to put it down. I loved this story!

Huge thanks to St. Martin's Press for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.