debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Rise the Dark - Michael Koryta

Not sure where I've been, but apparently I missed book number one in this series. I've read every Michael Koryta book but that one. However, that in no way interfered with my reading enjoyment. The author gave enough clues to help you understand enough to get through this book. But, not enough to where you would not want to go back and read the first one.

I will say that the one thing I didn't like is the HUGE cliffhangers that were left at the end. Number three better already be in the works! HA!

This book definitely is a journey and for these people to say they are peaceful. That is one huge big laugh. I really liked Marcus a lot and the author did a great job with his character. For that matter, he did a great job with all the characters. The plot twists (and there were many) were well hidden and you didn't always see them coming. "I don't have any rope" is just one that really portrayed the true nature of that character.

I definitely enjoyed reading this book. I look forward to number three, but I will be enjoying number one in the meantime.

Huge thanks to Little, Brown and Company for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.