debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst (Random House Large Print) - Jeffrey Toobin

#AMERICANHEIRESS  Oh you trivia friends of mine (and you know who you are), I got some major ammo out of this book. It's crazy. I lived during all of this. I knew the girl was kidnapped and that she said she was brainwashed. I had no idea it went on as long as it did. I remember the picture. I remember she married her bodyguard. I remember Squeaky Fromme trying to kill Ford, but not Sara Jane Moore just 17 days later. Creepy I know more about the Manson case than this one.

Well, now I know a LOT about this one. It's amazing the connections that are involved in all of this. At first, I thought I was going to be bored, as it started out a little slow. There was also a little redundancy. However, for the most part, I thought this was a great book. I can also see how she was just bored with her life and hey, here comes something new and different. She is a year or two older than me, so yeah, I can totally relate to what she did. The big question - didn't a lot of us do that? Did all of us get that second chance? I think this was be a great debate book for a book club.

There's also a lot of researched information in here and I definitely recommend it for those who love to absorb and learn interesting facts!

Thanks to Doubleday Books and Net Galley for the free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.