debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Wicked Boy: The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer - Kate Summerscale

#THEWICKEDBOY  AVAILABLE 7/12/16  4 STARS  I had no idea that this was a true crime story until I started reading it. I can't believe how gruesome this murder was. However, it's the fact that they just left her laying there that was the worse and they were just 12 and 13 years old. Robert was definitely an exceptionally smart boy with all the things he did afterwards.

I will tell you though this much more than just the story of the murder of Robert and Nattie's mother. There is so much more information about the times, the economy, the people, the Justice system, story of penny dreadfuls and just about everything and everyone that is mentioned is elaborated on with facts and interesting information. It may be more than what you were expecting, but you can't say you were cheated.

A very interesting, informative and mind boggling read. You can tell the author spent a lot of time researching this book. And they did a great job!

Thanks Penguin Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.