debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Hatching: A Novel - Ezekiel Boone

#THEHATCHING  AVAILABLE 7/5/16  4 STARS!  @ezekiel_boone  @randomhouse  This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever done requesting this book. I hate spiders. Guess we will see how this works how for me. I will definitely be reading this one during the day.

Well, I read it and unfortunately it took longer than just the afternoon and evening, but I had no nightmares. Actually the gross parts that you think would be colorfully written were left to the readers minds. There were some lines and areas that were gross, but it was weird. The story was about the spiders, but the main focus were on the people and the egg sacs. So actually this book did not affect this spider hater as much as I thought it would.

I actually really liked it. Apparently it is going to be a trilogy, as it left off with a huge cliffhanger. Can't say anything about that due to spoilers. The story was well written and very suspenseful as you didn't know where or what was going on with these spiders. I am definitely looking forward to the next book as there were a lot of unanswered questions. Also, there were some main characters whose fate was not established before the end of the book.

I also like the fact that a lot of high professional and executive jobs were held by women. And they weren't portrayed as bungling or lacking in their jobs. I'm really glad, even though I wasn't excited about the main subject matter, that I requested this book. It was entertaining and well worth my time to read.

Huge thanks to Atria Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.