debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Siracusa - Delia Ephron

#SIRACUSA  AVAILABLE 7/12/16  CRAZY GOOD WITH LEFT FIELD ENDING!  4 STARS!  @DeliaEphron @PenguinBooks  This was my first Ephron book. I figured I would like it and, of course, I did. What a crazy story of two couples (one with a 14 year old child that the mother definitely needs to start cutting the breast strings, go on vacation together to Italy. This isn't their first time. However, this is their most memorable one for all involved. And certainly the most entertaining for a reader. It was a little hard to keep up sometimes with who was narrating as all 4 adults took turns, but I quickly figured it out.

The jaw dropping ending absolutely blew me away. It came out of left field with no notice or warning. I think my jaw hung open for a while after reading it. So glad I was at home and not in public. Ha!! The characters were human like although maybe not always likable. Several of them went back and forth for me as they tried to sort out their own lives.

I really enjoyed reading this book and am glad that I can add an Ephron book to my bucket list.

Huge thanks to Penguin Group/Blue Rider Press for approving me and helping me with this goal and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.