debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Memory of Us: A Novel - Camille Di Maio

#THEMEMORYOFUS  AVAILABLE 5/31/16  GREAT DEBUT!  5 STARS  @CamillediMaio #LAKEUNIONPUBLISHING  Oh my, what a debut!! I usually request books weeks in advance, but when I read the description on this one and saw the reviews, I just had to see what all the hype was about. This was an excellent read. So much love and so much sorrow and pain all in one story.

I was totally engrossed in the life of Julianne and Kyle and stayed up all night reading it. I know better than to start a book after midnight, but I felt I would read a little and then sleep. Before I knew it, the sun was coming up and the next thing I knew my roommate was leaving for work. I did put it down for a three hour nap, however. Then I was back at it, reading again.

There are so many good things about this book that I just can't list them all without a lot of spoilers, but I can say it was entertaining, enjoyable, and I was sad to see it end. These characters had become like my new best friends, now they're not in my life anymore. I feel a loss of emptiness. However, I am very glad that I did get to spend time with them.

Huge thanks to Lake Union Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I definitely recommend this book!