debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Loney - Andrew Michael Hurley

I've read this book and I'm not sure if it was because of all the times I was interrupted or what, but I just did not get it. I got parts of it, but there were parts that I was just asking myself "what?". I mean with a lot of the clues I think I can piece together a majority of the story, but I still have questions. I am still scratching my head about the baby.

Maybe since this isn't my usual genre, I missed a few key puzzle pieces, I'm not sure. However, I did finish the book. I liked the writing style and most of the characters. The feud between Mother and Miss Bunce was ridiculous and Mother going around saying "Father Wilfred would have..." definitely deserved a few slappings. I would have liked to get a few in myself. That woman got on my last nerve.

I'm giving the author an extra star because I don't think it was his fault I didn't understand it all because I did enjoy it for the most part. Thanks to HMH and Net Galley for allowing me to read this for free in exchange for an honest review.