debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Rainy Day Women - Kay Kendall

#RAINYDAYWOMEN  AVAILABLE NOW!  4 STARS!  EXCELLENT READ!  @KayleeKendall @StairwayPress  I think what I liked most about this book wasn't that it was suspenseful, true it was a mystery. It wasn't fast paced, even though the killer seemed to be getting closer and closer to the protagonist, Austin.
I think what I liked best was reliving the moments.

This book was set in the 1970's. There were so many mentions of things that were going on during this time. And the memories that flooded my mind helped to remind me that this was a total different era that it is now. A lot of this book dealt with the women's liberation movement and the pull it had between Austin and her real life. She'd given up her role in the CIA to get married and now she had a baby. She was happy, but had she done it too soon?

Yes, there was a mystery and women were being killed and yes Austin was working on solving the problem, but I think Austin is going to have a tough time of it in the future. That child is going to grow and not just sit in that carrier. Her days of solving murders will be different in the future.

Thanks to Kay for reminding me that I've had this book to read for months and please get up and read it. HA!! I think if you were alive during that era, just the flashbacks alone, I mean we are talking songs, headlines, I mean you really feel you are still living in that era.