debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

A Lowcountry Wedding (Lowcountry Summer) - Mary Alice Monroe

#A LOWCOUNTRYWEDDING AVAILABLE 5/3/16  GREAT READ!  4 STARS!  @maryalicemonroe @gallerybooks This was my second book in the Lowcountry series. I loved it! Yes, it was a little Walton’s Mountain kind of thing, but every once in a while when you read mystery and suspense, you just need some good feeling vibes.
I’m not a huge romance reader, keep all that sex stuff in the bedroom, thank you. But, there was just something about these girls that really drew me to them. And the Grandma’s they are a hoot.
This is just good old fashioned boy meets girl (well in this case, they had already met) and they plan a wedding together. It’s just that this time there are two weddings, or are there three or four?
I really liked this story, the issues that came up were not superficial or ridiculous, they were real issues that you could see happening. The characters were lifelike to me and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole story. Apparently, I have missed two stories and now must go back before the weddings and see what all happened to bring this unusual family together.
Huge thanks to Gallery Books and Net Galley for the opportunity to read yet another Mary Alice Monroe book and review it. She is definitely one of my new favorite authors