debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

After the Fire (Maeve Kerrigan) - Jane Casey

#AFTERTHEFIRE AVAILABLE 5/3/16 GREAT READ! UNPUTDOWNABLE  4 STARS  @JaneCaseyAuthor @StMartinsPress The top two floors of an 11 story building catch on fire. Included in the tenants of those two floors are 3 trafficked prostitutes that are locked inside their flat, an abused wife and her son who are hiding from her rich and influential husband. There is also a family wherein the dad appears to have no job and a politician who has no business whatsoever being there. He doesn't live there.

While trying to find the arsonist, there are so many other crimes to get through that it's ridiculous, in a good sort of way. How many people and how many crimes can be committed in two stories of a high rise? Then one of the renters is attacked while trying to evacuate. It's like a hit parade of crimes. Oh, and then Maeve's stalker is back and he is really mad this time.

As you can tell, there is a LOT of action going on in this book, for the most part. There were a few slow parts, which is the reason for the 4 stars, but it is still an excellent read. I found Jane Casey quite by accident and have enjoyed everyone of her books. They definitely do not let you down. And I just love Maeve's sarcasm.

Huge thanks to St, Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.